Saturday, September 6, 2014

You're Looking At Her...

Who is the local Chevrolet's new weekend receptionist?

Yup... You're looking at her. I passed my pee test (all that studying paid off?) and I start tomorrow... even though I don't get trained until Wednesday.

I was also able to get in touch with my dentist for my billing job and I hate the job about 75% less now. We have established a communication plan so I'm not battling the terrifying Manhattan parents without support.

Also... in the first week I've earned half of what I earned last month doing that billing job.

Things are looking up. I feel like I can breathe. I don't function well being unemployed.

I am so excited to be out of the house on a regular basis... talking to people aside from Mister and the cashiers at Costco, Harbor Freight and Trader Joe's. I am also excited to pick up the social dynamic of Portland. People are friendlier than Manhattan, but less likely to tell you about their grandkids or their personal problems like in Idaho - no offense Idahoans, I find it absolutely charming. Juts a different balance.

I did another interview today for a commercial refrigeration company. They are 8 months behind on paperwork (yay.) and I am a shoe-in, but won't know for another week. They may pick a different person. That means they picked the wrong person. I'm the queen of catch up, the queen of fast tracking new organizational systems. Observe, Assess, Make 10 lists, Cross things off the lists and Schedule routine tasks.

So... Commercial refrigeration company... if you're reading, I would like to apply some positive peer pressure and encourage you to make a smart choice for yourself.

At home, we got another chair! It is a lovely chaise lounge in a tweedy cream and cool beige color with little buttons that make it tufty. Mister and I each have our respective thrones. Tables next... Tables and bookshelves. And maybe that painting from my college apartment by Jordan Clinger. You should check him out... good colors, sense of humor... especially "The price is righteous" and "Pepto Fett." I've had my eye on them for a while, but not the disposable income and plus, I already have one made for me. I'll post a pic if I can get mom to ship the painting to me.

XO,
Nanette



1 comment:

  1. "Juts a different balance"? (I am the spelling police.)

    Hurray for jobs! And chairs!...or chaises!

    I saw Mr. Clinger this week. He couldn't seem to figure out why I was looking at him. It made him uncomfortable. I guess I'm not terribly memorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete