Saturday, August 23, 2014

Nanette - Wild Huntress

So, we got a house in about a week. Which is an accomplishment in my book. We did not have to extend the courtesies of my brother beyond their limits, nor did we have to pay for any weekly hotel stays and Mister's allergies, while terrible, did not kill him.

I am already employed. I do a little part-time billing gig with the dentist I worked for in Manhattan. It is typically only 2-3 hours per day and while I was estimating $1500 a month... It's looking a bit more like $1000. Which is scary. That's not enough to cover my portion of the bills.

I began my panicked job hunt this past Monday.

This week I have done 8 phone interviews, 4 in person interviews, signed up with one temp to hire agency, have one job in the bag and I am waiting to hear from the job I really want.

Blah blah blah... The important details.

Potential Job #1 - Dog Hotel Front Desk (20-32 hours @ $11). It is my stand by in case everything falls through. Very similar to Kidville work. Low conflict job. Being insert into a well-oiled machine that already is working wonders.

Potential Job #2 - Front Desk/Exec Admin for a burgeoning contractor (30-35 hours @ $17). It is my first interview, my pick to win... I would be walking into an administrative hurricane and gigantic data mess... just like I am used to and upon proving myself useful, there would be opportunity for raises.

Potential Job #3/4 - Through the temp service - they typically only have people in their employ for approximately 90 days before they are placed - they have a state job that pays $22 an hour as Records Assistant - basically this place only has one HR person who has been trying to do everything and she is drowning. I would love to be on board with that.

OR a university job for some chiropractic/massage therapy school as an office admin that would pay in the ball park of $15 - $20 Depending on Experience.

SOOOOO...  I am a mighty huntress. Able to beat jobs out of the woodwork and select the most prime game for the chase and conquer.

Dear Portland,

New York was hard and from that I have learned.
Manhattan took 2 months to find lodging. Portland, a week and a half.
Manhattan took 3 months to find a job. Portland, I'm giving you two weeks.

Pony up,
Nanette N.

No comments:

Post a Comment