Sunday, September 9, 2012

Calming Down...

Since moving into the new apartment, there's been a great calming down. Something about the permanence, or semi-permanence of a lease and knowing that my room is MY ROOM lends to that feeling of refuge.

I got a phone call Friday night. It was from Kidville. I'd interviewed with them a while back (about a month) for a Front Desk Admin position and didn't get the job. But the location where I interviewed passed my resume on to a new location that's opening up on October first. The franchise owner wanted to meet for an interview Saturday morning.

Saturday morning we met at a great coffee place just off of 14th called "Think Coffee." The owner guy bought me coffee and we talked numbers and business. And I got hired. That brings the count up to 2 freelance jobs, 2 regular have-to-show-up jobs. Sooooo...   here's what life looks like now...

Mondays
Morning: freelance work & Run.
1:30 - 8:00 Doc

Tuesdays
8:00 - 6:00 KV
Laundry

Wednesdays
Morning: freelance & Run
1:30 - 8:00 Doc

Thursday
Morning: freelance & Run
1:30 - 8:00 Doc

Friday
8:00 - 6:00 KV
Grocery shop

Saturday
8:00 - 6:00 KV/alternating day off.

Sunday
8:00 - 6:00 KV/alternating day off.

I'm going to be TIRED. And it's going to be tough to not have 3 days off a week. But I'm going to do it. And I'm going to pay off all my debts. And I'm going to be able to buy a nice dresser and set of bookshelves... and a box spring/bedframe.

But isn't that the balance we always fight?  

Not working enough = play time but no play money.
Working too much = play money, but no play time.

I wore through another pair of shoes this week. Now when I say wore through... I don't mean that they look tired or are uncomfortable or that the innards got all scrunched up by the toes... I mean that if you take the shoe off and look at the hole in the bottom, there's daylight on the other side. Tamara said we should probably take pictures of the shoes and build a photo memorial on the apartment wall "Shoes Nanette Killed." Like the heads of deer people keep... my walking trophies.

Things are calming down. I'm settling in... Getting more comfortable.

For example.. Last month -  MTA charged my debit card $104 for an unlimited card and did not give me the card. I cried in the subway station.

This month -  MTA charged me $104 twice and only gave me one card and not a tear has been shed. It'll be okay. It'll sort out. I have a reliable income and know that I'm okay. I mean it really pooped on my finances, but I'll get the money back AND have rent paid on time.

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing. I miss your face. Glad you're settling in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah....I love your courage. And the glimpse of your schedule....been wondering about that.

    ReplyDelete