Saturday, October 4, 2014

The day it turned around.

Today is the day it turns around.

Today I'm pretty sure that the contract with the dentist is over.

Today I made a friend in Portland.

Today is the day I start applying for only the good paying jobs.

Today is the day that I can shake all of the left over NYC sludge from my system.

Today is the last day of pouting and complaining.

It has been another rough week. It is day 23 of working without a day off. But I'm tired of that being the weekly update.

This week I spent time with Lindz, an old friend from college. I gained a new, quiet walking partner at work, Anne. And made a friend with a client at the chevy dealer, Dexter.

This is a picture of Nanette getting social.
This is a picture of Nanette working less.

Financial stress be damned. I am going to find better work. Someone is going to see my worth in the interview process and snatch me up. I'm sure of it. Until then, I'm still employed.

Game plan...

Tonight - Revamp the resume and cover letter.
Tomorrow - Send resume to 8 - 10 postings, post it on monster.com, post it on indeed.com
Monday - Start going to work earlier so I can do afternoon interviews + find 10 fun, free places to go/things to do in Portland.

XO,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment