Sunday, August 10, 2014

Waiting Games

And Mister thought I was impatient before. Sheeesh.

We have seen approximately 6 houses. We have only put in an application on one. I am very very hopeful but we won't know until Monday. Until then, I am still trying to find another excellent fit. See the thing is... it's the weekend and no one responds. No one wants to meet and show you a house on a Sunday.

So I'm anxious. Still so anxious. Moreso than I was with packing. Pleading with the great out there to just say "yes" to the house! We, I, Want that house!

So much depends on having a house. Getting a new ID. Finding a job. Because, I have learned that with the rush hour traffic, I need to find something close to home if I don't want an hour long commute in non-moving traffic...

Hour long wait in the car vs. hour long wait while stand spooning strangers. 

Portland, you still win. 

I am getting more and more obnoxious with each passing day. I want to settle in and get cozy. But why buy linens when your car is already packed to the gills? Even retail therapy is failing.

PLUS, why buy anything when I don't have a second job yet? Why should we spend the financial stability that is needed to secure a house?! It is time to start looking for free shit to do in the city before I go nuts and drive everyone around me there too.

I started looking at sublets... since this hasn't been the turn around process I wanted. (she says having been here less than a week). I also don't want to overstay my welcome at Brother's house. Not to mention there is a mold problem here that is driving Mister's respiratory system wild. It is so bad that I am starting to have respiratory (coughing, sleep wheezing) issues too.

Okay guys...   pray, send positive thoughts, vibes...   do what you do...   We need this house!!!

Impatiently yours,
Nanette

No comments:

Post a Comment