Sunday, February 16, 2014

Modern-Day Pioneer Style

Let's play a little game. What do you think of when someone says New York City?

  • Broadway.
  • Wall street.
  • Museums & culture. 
  • Hustle and bustle. 
  • Lights and commotion. 
  • A city that never sleeps.
Right? 

Let's play another game called... Your roommates had a lapse in communication that resulted in the gas being shut off for the next 5 days. No heat. No hot water. No oven. 

It is the year 2013. I am in the epicenter of culture. I pay too much (though still a great deal here), for a small and shared space. I am employed. I pay my bills on time and resemble a "real" adult.  

Yet, I just took a makeshift shower/bath using bowls of microwaved water. Did I just hipster level up? 

Just rockin' New York City modern-day pioneer style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment