Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Lesson, A List and a Pep-talk

What you need to know is that my boss has the focus of, I dunno... refracted light. Finishing a project is near impossible when I can't get him to finish a complete thought. Sometimes he'll start assigning me a project and then get so lost in his own tangents that he'll walk away before he's described what he actually needs... then ask me where the project is or why it's not done at some random time usually 3 - 6 weeks later. Today I told him "...if you do that one more time, I WILL BURST INTO FLAMES!" 

The lesson I am currently learning... 

It is incredibly difficult to work for someone you don't respect. It is also very difficult to respect someone who has no respect for others. 

Yes, I know that I should "be the change I want to see in the world." Set the example even if you are the only one in the office following it.  I have fallen into lazy and bad work habits because I lack respect for the man who runs things. Time to whip myself back into shape and not accept anything less than absolute professionalism from those around me.  


You live in an amazing city.
This is an amazing time in your life.
It's just a job. Don't forget to live. 
Things that are awesome... 
               even on today's cruddy day.

  • The vlogbrothers. 
  • Big fluffy blankets. 
  • A lovely boyfriend who can commiserate and is undeniably supportive. 
  • Good roommates who are excellent listeners who don't roll their eyes at me. 
  • Trent and that book he sent me. It keeps excellent company on the trains. 
  • Cheese. What list is complete without it? 
  • A hot bath.
  • Repainting your nails even though you just did that yesterday. 
  • Going to bed just a little early. 
  • Weighing in 3lbs lighter than last week. 
  • Being one day closer to payday. 
Every dollar is one dollar closer to moving, 
Nanette 

No comments:

Post a Comment