Monday, November 4, 2013

10 minute free write...

9:25pm... ready... set...   Go!

I started writing something like this at the doctor's office and I quickly realized I don't get 10 uninterrupted minutes... ever.

Today was a good day in the office. I was able to be very frank and communicate clearly about doc's behavior being in conflict with what we discussed in the work meeting. Priorities... Getting new clients in the door and retaining them. I mean... who leaves a patient waiting so they can microwave their coffee. Stop wasting everyone's life. The patient's... because they are just waiting and it's a particularly frail one who needs a good chair and can't stand for a long period of time. Mine because I have to stop being productive in order to nag the crap out of him for being a complete idiot. And his own... really, you're microwaving coffee that you're not even going to drink but rather use as a prop and a time consuming device to make yourself feel important.

It's nice to know that I've retained some of my original Idaho self... the part that can't freaking STAND people wasting my time.

Back to home... Back to my house, my bed. Mom and dad sent me a birthday check. I used a little bit of it to buy some fancy socks. they have lavender in them and buckwheat or something. You're supposed to microwave them and they turn into puddles of black bear coziness. So far... they're working. So... there's that. The rest of it is going to pay my gym membership registration fee. So... you're encouraging me to keep fit for another year. Thanks!

I was thinking on my way home that I have bought all the fun things a girl could need. Makeup, nail polish, shoes, perfumes, hair stuff... And when you have too much it's not fun anymore. Just another thing to keep and store. So I guess I'm all about using everything up and getting rid of things. I'm actually taking my first trip to donate stuff. I have gone from no mattress to 3 tubes of the same damn lip crayon that makes me look too pale (thank you subscription boxes).

So this is 27. I love to make a list of things that I want to accomplish in the year... using my birthday as my own personal new years. I have it somewhere. I should post that.

As any of you who were directed here from my facebook know, I'm taking a little hiatus. Facebook is so full of anger and hate and boredom. It's frustrating to watch and be a part of. I like sharing my thoughts and photos... and can't stand those stupid posts about what facebook should be... 12 worst types of selfies, or top 10 worst kinds of posts... etc. etc. etc. So I'm withdrawing. People can use social networking how they will. I'm just going to bow out. But I don't want to lose this time in my life... Facebook is such a good documentation. Daily snippets, photos, notes from loved ones. it's a sentimentalist's dream.

But for now, I will enjoy these cozy socks and the warm glow of the laptop screen and bid you all good night. My 10 minutes are now....   three... two... one..... Over.

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have you write. Glad you could enjoy the money.
    I think Facebook is a big waste if time but I keep checking it. I like the family connection and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing more relevant to say than I love you.

    ReplyDelete