Friday, August 12, 2011

A hopeful list...

There are so many positions available on the NYC city jobs website... and the craigslist is brimming with administrative opportunities... and THE Met has a administrative assistant position open that I would LOVE to fill. I am filled with hope that my 5 years working in ITS services, with customer service and administrative duties.... and two years organizing social events as a choir president... not to mention a natural proficiency with most software. AHHHH!!!! I feel like I could be in the running for some of these jobs! But I can't apply yet because I'm not willing to relocate until next semester AT THE EARLIEST.

On top of that, a rejuvenated sense of health...   If I work hard, then I won't be dismissed in interviews for physical appearance... Because, let's be honest here, it happens. It's definitely inspiration and motivation to keep my butt moving. I have to keep thinking, this isn't a phase, it's a new lifestyle. I am not allowed to drop weight and then go back to eating what I want. I need to change the "what I want" part.

Okay... so... the current goals.

  • learn how to use a multi-line phone system. 
  • Get out and about at least once a day until the gym membership starts again. 
  • save $5000 for the NYC move. 
  • GRADUATE... (stupid, this has been on the goals list for 3 semesters). 
  • do something creative every day
  • update my resume
  • start minimizing the crap in my life. (aka: sell movies, books and cds). 
  • Drop 50lbs before the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment